Our Safe Working at Heights courses are designed to assist both employees and employers in understanding the characteristics, hazards and legislative requirements needed to operate safely at height. Participants are introduced to important legislation, compliance codes and Australian Standards relating to working at height. An understanding of hazard identification, completing job safety analysis and the height safety hierarchy of control will be achieved. Safety issues related to working at heights that are covered include how forces are generated in falls, correct selection and use of anchor points and height safety equipment. The theory is supplemented with practical exercises.
Students are encouraged throughout the training to develop, participate and apply skills in the safe management of working at heights from correctly fitting a full body harness and identifying harness features, through to equipment use, inspection and maintenance. Throughout the course, participants will experience and use a wide selection of height safety equipment and gain practical experience in the use of suitable height safety solutions.
Work safely at heights training is recommended for:
- Anybody conducting high risk work involving heights within all industries.
- Anybody managing personnel who are conducting high risk work involving heights.
- Anybody involved in risk assessments for working at heights.
- Training should be completed before commencement of work and repeated dependent on need. This need can be determined through supervision, following an incident or an absence of 2+ years from the industry.
|Location:||This course can be trained at our Training Centre or we can train at your Workplace (conditions apply)|
|Cost:||Please call or email our office to obtain more information including pricing and dates|
- OHS Legislation
- Hazards Identification
- Types of Protection
- Fall Arrest Systems/Equipment
- Forces in Falls/Fall Clearances
- Emergency Procedures/Rescue Plans
- Equipment Inspections/Special Considerations
As we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) our participants will be awarded a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment on the successful completion of the training and assessment for this course.
The unit of competency covered in this course is:
Work safely at heights