This course provides participants with the confidence and competence required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty, in the context of those having suffered electrocution. This training course is designed for any person whom may need to perform CPR during the course of their employment.
The Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) component of this course (UETTDRRF06B) covers the skills and knowledge required for a person to be able to carry out a risk assessment of an electrically hazardous situation and perform low voltage rescue procedures without hazard to themselves or others. LVR training has a 12 month validity.
The Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) unit of this course designed to teach Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines and assess that the attendee has sufficient confidence to know when and how CPR should be applied. CPR is an essential skill that has allowed regular people to save the lives of family, friends, colleagues and strangers . CPR training has a 12 month validity
People should receive training in Low Voltage Rescue and CPR if they are:
- Anyone wanting to conduct high risk work involving live LV panels.
- Anyone managing personnel who are conducting high risk work involving live LV panels.
- Anyone involved in risk assessments involving electrical work on live LV panels.
- Work in high risk environments
- Are a participant in a Workplace Emergency Response team.
This course can be trained at our Training Centre or at your Workplace.
|Cost:||Please call or email our office to obtain more information including pricing and course dates.|
- Assess the Incident/Scene
- Conduct DRSABCD
- Operate and maintain a Low Voltage Rescue Kit
- Understand Electrical Dangers and PPE
- Handover to medical personnel
- Provide CPR and Recovery Position
As we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) our participants will be awarded a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment on the successful completion of the training and assessment for this course.
The unit of competency covered in this course is:
Perform rescue from a live L.V. Panel
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Industry recommends that refresher training for Low Voltage Rescue should be completed annually. In line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) must be refresher annually.