Our Gas Test Atmospheres course covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
This course applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area of workplace, whether as an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
Gas Test Atmospheres training is recommended for personnel working in the following situations:
- Confined spaces
- Enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- Hot Work
- Storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- Testing as part of issuing a work permit
- Monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- Open areas
- Holding the gas tester by hand
- Lowering the gas tester into a space (i.e. on a line)
|Location:||This course can be trained at our Training Centre or we can train at your Workplace (conditions apply)|
|Cost:||Please call or email our office to obtain more information including pricing and dates|
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Respiratory Protection
- Gas Detection and Atmospheric Monitoring
- Maintenance and Reporting
As we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) our participants will be awarded a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on the successful completion of the training assessment for this course.
The unit of competency covered in this course is:
Gas test atmospheres