Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) gives students the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to respond to an unconscious, non-breathing person.
Trainer / Assessors use a variety of training approaches including class and small group discussions, CPR critical incident scenario simulations, workbook exercises, sustained practice of CPR and other first aid skills to support learning to competency.
Learners participate actively in the session and will cover:
- How to respond to an emergency situation
- Communicating details of the incident
- Management of casualty (s) and;
- Management of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance
To achieve competency, learners must:
- Demonstrate competent CPR performance on an adult and infant manikin
- Participate in a first aid scenario, involving the use of an AED
- Complete a written assessment
Our course is suitable for personnel wanting to increase their awareness of administering First Aid for:
- Volunteering at Public Events
- Working in High Risk environments
- Workplace Emergency Response
Provide CPR is also delivered as part of the Provide First Aid Course.
|Location:||This course can be trained at our Training Centre or at your Workplace.
|Cost:||Please call or email our office to obtain more information including pricing and course dates.|
- Defibrillator usage
- Performing CPR procedures
As we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) our participants will be awarded a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment on the successful completion of the training and assessment for this course.
The unit of competency covered in this course is:
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
In line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) must be refreshed annually.